Wednesday, November 30, 2011

17. Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you.



An issue or concern that is inter-national and personal to me is war. I -as many other people- am directly affected by the war, my brother-in-law who I truly consider a brother is in Afghanistan at the moment for 365 days. I hear about the many things that happen over there and about the tragic stories that end with a soldier less. I hear about the near deaths of him and how they are attacked everyday. I heard about the story where a car was speeding to their station and the soldiers on duty didn't know if to shoot down the car or wait for their sargent to reply with his command. Thankfully the soldiers didn't wait and started shooting down the car which was full of explosives that still managed to hit the station and injured soldiers, but not as much as it would have if the soldiers hadn't made that decision to start shooting the car down. So why does the world put themselves through so much pain and grief only to keep harming themselves? In the end the only thing war does is kill many innocent lives and destroy their country that will usually end up in debt after the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment